Announcing the winners of our 2021 Student Recognition Awards - this is our annual program which recognizes Highland students’ musical accomplishments and provides them with monetary assistance ($100) to continue to develop their musical interests throughout the school year or the summer.This year's winners range from 4th - 12th grade:
Ava Acampora (voice - alto)
Peter Bender (trumpet, guitar)
Arianna Cherry (trumpet)
Marcelo Cuya (piano, trumpet)
Emily D’Ambrosio ((flute)
Zachary Haeser (trombone, piano)
Mia Sharp (voice - alto)
Maddox Thibault-Edmonds (percussion, piano, ukelele)There will be an awards gathering and performances at our booth at the Lloyd Spring Market on May 15th, at noon. Additional student performances will be at 3:00. (And other fun activities at our booth all day!)
Please join us in thanking these local businesses for taking out concert program advertisements in support of school district’s music programs:
A Day In The Shade
Accent Financial Group
Autos by Joseph
Hair by Shelley
Hard Roll Deli
Hudson Valley Sausage Company
Madeline’s Dance Center
Open Doors Educational Service
Quinn Real Estate
Sawyer Savings Bank
Stuart Weiss – Attorney at Law
The Kiltmaker’s Apprentice
The Peterson Studio
The Would Restaurant
Torsone’s Funeral Home
Vails Gate Cleaners
The Highland Music Boosters is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization that partners with the Highland Central School District in Highland, NY. Our site is designed to provide you updated information,necessary forms and an additional way to contact us.
Here are some of recent updates and important information, We hope you will find this helpful.
Top 5 reasons why music is a “sound” investment for our community
- Success in School – Music keeps students interested, motivated and actively engaged. Various studies have shown a correlation with participation in music to increased rates in attendance, increase in SAT scores and an increase in graduation rates.
- Emotional Development – Music increases empathy towards others and other cultures. It also helps in increasing levels of self-esteem, responsibility and coping with anxiety.
- Productive Member of Society - Music helps to shape character and is a universal force in bringing everyone together.
- Preparation for 21st Century Workforce – Music increases development of creative thinking, problem solving, teamwork, communication, leadership and collaboration; all vital skills for today’s workplace.
- Value to Overall Economy – Music programs offer long term fiscal value to our school district. (Music personnel instruct the largest number of students in a given class and/or have a higher teacher to student ratio). Music can spur growth in a community by creating jobs, increasing the tax base and boosting tourism.
Your PARTICIPATION is VITAL
- Donor Campaign (see attached letter for complete details)
- IBM Employee Charitable Contribution Campaign – If you or someone you know is employed by IBM, they can select our organization for their contribution.
- AmazonSmile – If you or someone you know shops with AmazonSmile, they can select our organization and we will receive .5% of every total purchase amount.
- Attend a monthly meeting – All meetings are generally held the first Monday of every month (7PM) in the Elementary School Cafeteria.
- Join a committee and/or serve on our board
- Volunteer – Help is always needed at concerts, open houses and other special events
- Stay informed – Like us on Facebook, follow our webpage and contact us anytime at: ⦁ email@example.com.