The Highland Music Boosters is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization that partners with the Highland Central School District in Highland, NY. Our site is designed to provide you updated information,necessary forms and an additional way to contact us.
Here are some of recent updates and important information, We hope you will find this helpful.
Top 5 reasons why music is a “sound” investment for our community
- Success in School – Music keeps students interested, motivated and actively engaged. Various studies have shown a correlation with participation in music to increased rates in attendance, increase in SAT scores and an increase in graduation rates.
- Emotional Development – Music increases empathy towards others and other cultures. It also helps in increasing levels of self-esteem, responsibility and coping with anxiety.
- Productive Member of Society - Music helps to shape character and is a universal force in bringing everyone together.
- Preparation for 21st Century Workforce – Music increases development of creative thinking, problem solving, teamwork, communication, leadership and collaboration; all vital skills for today’s workplace.
- Value to Overall Economy – Music programs offer long term fiscal value to our school district. (Music personnel instruct the largest number of students in a given class and/or have a higher teacher to student ratio). Music can spur growth in a community by creating jobs, increasing the tax base and boosting tourism.
Your PARTICIPATION is VITAL
- Donor Campaign (see attached letter for complete details)
- IBM Employee Charitable Contribution Campaign – If you or someone you know is employed by IBM, they can select our organization for their contribution.
- AmazonSmile – If you or someone you know shops with AmazonSmile, they can select our organization and we will receive .5% of every total purchase amount.
- Attend a monthly meeting – All meetings are generally held the first Monday of every month (7PM) in the Elementary School Cafeteria.
- Join a committee and/or serve on our board
- Volunteer – Help is always needed at concerts, open houses and other special events
- Stay informed – Like us on Facebook, follow our webpage and contact us anytime at: ⦁ firstname.lastname@example.org.